1. Get on your hands and knees and wrestle with your pup at least a few times a week.
2. Never use your pup’s crate as a form of punishment.
3. Keep your furball’s mind and body stimulated to avoid boredom that could lead to destructive behavior.
4. Dogs live to please their owners and they respond well to praise.
5. Treat your dog like a friend; expose your dog to proper socialization.
6. Take your pup on car rides every now and then. Make sure you let them stick their head out the window.
7. Trust your dog’s intuition. Don’t trust someone that your dog doesn’t trust.
8. Your dog is a great excuse to take a walk. Spend more time outdoors.
9. Remember that your dog’s biggest fear is that you’ll never return when you leave home without them… don’t fault them for this.
10. Give your dog a purpose.